Teachers of art, craft and design are always on the lookout for new ideas, information and resources that can enrich and extend their teaching. This section provides some signposts to useful and interesting resources.
- the ESAG for art, craft and design developed a spreadsheet of helpful publications and resources for art, craft and design teachers. The spreadsheet is searchable and contains information about key publications, organisations, galleries and online resourcges for both teachers and pupils. The spreadsheet includes significant publications about art and design education. These can usually be sourced from http://www.abebooks.co.uk
- The ESAG for art, craft and design developed a auditing framework which will allow schools to review their curriculum provision for the subject. This may be helpful to schools seeking to review and develop their curriculum. Click here for the framework.
- NSEAD is the professional association for art, craft and design educators. It is the primary resource for the subject and provides a wide variety of information, resources and ideas. It also has a lively and helpful online Facebook community.
- The Times Educational Supplement online pages contains many useful resources for art, craft and design teachers. It also has a lively, supportive and helpful online community.
- The National College for Teaching and Leadership had originally been established as a non-departmental public body, but became an executive agency of the Department for Education on 1 April 2012. On 1 April 2013 the college merged with the Teaching Agency to become the National College for Teaching and Leadership. It publishes a variety of materials. For instance, click here for materials have been developed by and for headteachers to stimulate discussion about what makes an outstanding school curriculum.
- The Department for Education. Click here for information about the national curriculum and assessment.